Please show your support by digitally signing my petition for clemency and by writing a letter on my behalf to the Governor of Virginia:
HOW TO WRITE A LETTER OF CLEMENCY
A letter of clemency is just that, a letter asking the Governor to show mercy on a person convicted of a crime. So keep the main aim of your letter in mind as you write it. Explain carefully why you feel the person you are writing the letter for should be granted clemency.
1. Plan your clemency letter before you write it. Make a list of the reasons you believe the person deserves clemency. Practice several versions before committing yourself to the layout of the sentences you intend to include. Maintain a positive approach throughout. Focus on facts rather emotions. Use straightforward clear sentence construction.
2. Start by introducing yourself, what you do and your relationship to the convicted person. Name the convicted person and identify the crime(s) they were convicted of.
3. Give as many genuine, important reasons you can think of why the person deserves to have their sentence reduced or commuted. Does he have dependents that need him? Does he have an elderly parent to care for? Is he a single parent? Does he support a disabled or disadvantaged person? All these are reasons to ask the Governor for clemency.
4. Emphasize that the person is remorseful, accepts responsibility for his crime(s), and is intent on changing. List concrete examples of steps he has or is taking to change. Mention any courses the convicted person is taking or counseling he is receiving, such as drug treatment, therapeutic programs, spiritual programs, or GED classes, etc. Explain how his imprisonment is affecting his family. If any of his family members are being treated for stress, depression or any other condition related to his imprisonment, provided the name and contact information of the doctor treating them.
5. Read over your letter twice to yourself then aloud to a trusted friend or relative who can give constructive feedback.
6. Be sure to include your contact information in case the Governor's office has any further questions or needs to verify anything.
Office of the Governor
Patrick Henry Building
1111 E. Broad St., 3rd Floor
Richmond, Va. 23219-1934
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I welcome all comments and of course I would love to hear from you directly. You may reach me via my contact info. below.
Email me by submitting my name or Virginia state ID number (1130793).
To reach me via snail mail:
David Bomber #1130793
Nottoway Correctional Center
P.O. Box 488
Burkeville, Va. 23922
Connect with me on Facebook:
To read a copy of my petition, please read "Conditional Pardon" (Parts 1-7):
Also, feel free to share or repost this along with my contact info with others - thanks!